How to take control of what content you see using Google+
We all take time to decide who to follow, now you can take control over what you actually see! I’ve recently learned a little more about Google+, which allows you to prioritise what you see and notifies you when new content is available. The following steps are not difficult or time-consuming, but not everyone knows how Google+ works, even those that already have a G+ profile!
1. Click here to find Explore Finland Radio Show on Google+.
2. Click ‘Follow’ to add to a circle. On the pop-up box, you have two options;
- Click on ‘Following’ to my page to the others that you follow, or
- Click ‘Create new circle’. Give it a name, e.g ‘Explore Finland’ (I’ll also add you to my circle ‘Explore Finland Followers’)
3. Click on the drop-down menu on the left hand side. Select ‘Home’ this will take you to your home page or ‘stream’.
4. On the options bar (of your Home stream) click on ‘More’ then click ‘Explore Finland’ this will show you the content posted by anyone in this circle. Tip – if you find the G+ stream looks confusing, you can also change the layout of your stream here.
5. Above any posts, there is a box called ‘In this Circle’ where you will find a grey bell icon. Click on this so it becomes red.
That’s it! You will now receive notifications when Explore Finland posts new content on Google+.
Let me know how you get on by adding me to a Circle and keeping up-to-date on Google+.
◊◊◊ Mark ◊◊◊