Show Notes & Video
This episode was recorded & broadcast live on Webinar Ninja. Follow us on Twitter to keep up-to-date.
Episode eight started, as usual, by covering some recent news stories that have caught our attention:
- Rich – The implosion of PK-35 Vantaa
- Mark H – Hradecky’s interview after the Kosovo game
- Mark – SJK bought a defence :-0
We then moved on to the main subjects of the show:
1. Recent International Matches
- Germany 2 – 0 Finland
- Mark H tells all (that he can remember) about his trip to Germany
- Finland 1 – 1 Kosovo
- Mark H then tells all about his, much shorter, trip to Turku, paying particular tribute to the Kosovar fans
- The merits of Paulus Arajuuri
2. What’s happened recently in the Veikkausliiga?
- Some stats since end of July…
- VPS – 6 games. Failed to score in 5. 3 draws, 2 defeats, only one win against SJK
- SJK – Serious travel sickness! 6 games. 3 home wins, 3 away defeats. Looked very good against RoPS and Ilves, but blew it away to VPS and HIFK (twice drew & lost). 9 games to go, 11 points off the top, but only 4 points off 3rd and Europa League
- HJK – Stormed to the top of the table with a 7-game run of 2 wins, 4 draws, 1 defeat #FFS
- Juhani Ojala … great signing. Egan’s shiffy comment ‘No disrespect to SJK (well maybe bit) but bugger me that’s a downwards career trajectory*
- Akseli Pelvas, what a shame
- ‘British’ players doing good work
- Robert Taylor – half-English, Finland U21 international scoring and creating for RoPS
- Billy Ions – in Finland for four years, since he was 18. Just transferred from Kemi to SJK. Has scored 2 in 2 since #FFS8 was recorded.
- Man-love from Mark H ❤️
- Showering praise on Roope Riski at SJK – ‘Ohhh. I love Roope Riski!’
- Pyry Soiri ‘I like the look of him…scoring a lot of goals for VPS.’
Remember, you welcome to join us for the live recording, you could join in by asking a question in person, or just come on and say hi. Thanks again for everyone that joined us for the live recording of #FFS8. Follow one (or all) of us on Twitter for advanced warning of the next Show.