Introducing Glenn Murray, The Nordic Tourist, who will be my collaborator during the upcoming season of Explore Finland Radio Show. In this episode, Glenn introduces me to Katikankanjoni in Finland’s Wild West, a natural canyon with running water all year round, even during months of sub-zero temperatures.
Katikan kanjoni is located in the area near the Kauhanevan-Pohjankankaan National Park in Etelä-Pohjanmaa. This podcast recording has a companion video, in which Glenn and I visit Katikankanjoni. This is published on The Nordic Tourist YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/mDcnqx-DQGc
Check out Glenn’s VLOG, as we walk through the area to show what the canyon has to offer; beautiful Nordic winter wilderness travel hikes and wonderful ice waterfalls. It really shows that the landscape in the Southern Ostrobothnia region in Finland (Suomi) is more diverse than people believe.
Watch & Listen To This Episode
Watch on YouTube
Listen on Spotify
Show Notes & Links
Watch the Nordic Tourist video: Katikankanjoni – The Wild West of Finland
- Etelä-Pohjanmaa – the Southern Ostrobothnia region of Finland
- Laavu – sometimes called a Lean-to; a shelter a long a trail with a fire pit for cooking simple food
- Kanjoni – a canyon
- Kauhaneva-Pohjankangas – a National Park on the western side of Etelä-Pohjanmaa
- Satakunta – the region bordering Etelä-Pohjanmaa to the southwest
- The Nordic Tourist on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3kqKquKknIZ_WAimWmZE6w
- Katikankanjoni https://www.visitlakeus.fi/kohdekortit/katikankanjoni/
- Kauhaneva-Pohjankangas – a National Park https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kauhaneva%E2%80%93Pohjankangas_National_Park