I speak with Olli-Pekka Tuomaala & James McDade from Seinäjoki Rugby club talk about rugby in Finland; the history of the game in Finland, the development of rugby in Finland as a summer contact sport and how Finland is no longer the worst National rugby team. We also discuss the annual snow rugby competition because, if rugby isn’t a tough enough sport, the Finns have found a way to take it up a notch.
Play the Podcast
Download an MP3 of Finnish rugby. Seinäjoki Rugby. Snow Rugby!
- Seinäjoki Rugby website
- Seinäjoki Rugby on Facebook
- Mikä Rugby? website
- Finnish Rugby Federation website
- Women’s Winter 7’s competition
- Men’s Winter 7’s competiton
- Snow Rugby on Facebook
- Olli-Pekka’s podcast Asiantuntijapaneeli Podcast (in Finnish)
Snow Rugby on YouTube
Finally, here’s the message I received from listener Lisa on the blog “A Tour Around Lappajärvi, Europe’s Largest Crater Lake”