Join Mark (@explorefinland), Rich (@escapetosuomi) and Mark (@FCSuomi) for the first episode of the Finnish Football Show series, where 3 old blokes sit and talk about football. In Finland.
Show Notes & Video
This week I thought I’d share something a little different. This was the first Finnish Football Show and it was recorded & broadcast live, earlier this week, via Blab https://blab.im/.
Initially, this will be a monthly show, you can subscribe to the next scheduled episode on the Blab website, or follow us on Twitter to keep up-to-date. You can watch the video of this episode below:
In episode one, we start this series with a review of the Veikkausliiga season 2015 including;
- Great hopes for HJK Helsinki in the closed season
- Freddy Adu joins KuPS
- The HJK vs HIFK derbies, and the atmosphere at Ilves in Tampere
- ‘Keke’s Day Off’ – Keith Armstrong goes AWOL from Ilves
- The National team’s failure to qualify for Euro 2016, and the demise of Mixu Paatelainen
- Pekka Lyyski wins his first trophy at IFK Mariehamn. After 22 years!
- Eero Markkanen’s two years in Madrid
- The final day of the season!
- RoPS providing the top scorer and the Veikkausliiga player of the year
- 2016 – SJK in the Champions League and in a new stadium
Remember, if you join us live for the recording, there’s an extra ‘off the record’ section that isn’t included on the podcast. You could join us on Blab, then ask a question in person, or just come on and say hi.
Mark, Rich and Mark were genuinely stunned to have a consistent live audience of 30-40+ people, some of you were mentioned in person, but all of you are very much appreciated. Thank you and see you again next month.
- http://www.fcsuomi.com/ (now incorporated into www.finnishfootballshow.com)
Next episode – Provinssirock Festival & the Finnish Music Scene